Agitation Tank Structure and Working Principle
back to top
The agitation tank is composed of a vertical shaft portion, a shelf, a barrel portion, an overflow port, an electric motor, a motor seat, and a motor seat. The rotation of the impeller is obtained by the rotation of the impeller by the electric motor through the pulley and the V-belt, so that the slurry and the medicament are evenly stirred, and the hopper flows out through the lifting device.
Different structures and stirring speeds of the agitation device are required for different media and different chemical reaction processes. According to different occasions, they are generally divided into the following situations:
1. In the case of liquid-liquid mutual dissolution system, it is generally sufficient to use low-speed agitation. In this case, a paddle type agitation device is commonly used.
2. In the case where the liquid-liquid is incompatible with each other, a strong up and down roll is required, and a paddle stirrer is often used, a baffle of a certain shape is added to the kettle body, or a propeller stirrer is used.
3. When there is a small amount of solid in the reaction medium and it is not easy for sedimentation, relatively mild agitation can be used.Conversely, when there are many solids in the reaction medium or the reaction process, it is necessary to use strong up-and-down stirring. Both of them are agitation system for solid-liquid phase.
Types of Agitation Tank
back to top
Agitation tank is an indispensable equipment in flotation process. In the flotation process, the agitation tank can suspend solid particles in the solution; accelerate the process of chemical reaction,heat transfer, mass transfer; mix and disperse two or more immiscible liquids to obtain a kind of mulsion; mix two or more immiscible liquids to obtain a homogeneous mixture; and achieve gas-solution mixing.
According to different application, common agitation tanks can be divided into four types: slurry agitation tank, storage agitation tank, lifting agitation tank and chemical agitation tank.
1. Slurry Agitation Tank
The slurry agitation tank is a agitation equipment that forces slurry circulate up and down in the tank. It is mainly used for slurry stirring before the operation of single tank flotation machine, so that ore particles suspension are suspended and fully contacted and mixed with chemicals to create conditions for separation. In addition, the slurry agitation tank can also be used as pre-desiliconization tank, post-dissolution tank, dewatering tank and point tank in alumina production, as well as for similar operations in other industrial production.
The working principle of high-efficiency agitation tank is as follows: Under the rotation of blade impeller, the slurry is discharged from the lower end of impeller in axial direction and a negative pressure is formed in the impeller chamber, so that the slurry flows into the impeller chamber from the impeller to be replenished. Meanwhile, under the diversion of steady flow plate, the slurry forms a vertical circulating flow with center downward and surroundings upward in the groove. When the up welling speed of slurry is greater than the sedimentation speed of ore particles, the ore particles in slurry will be in suspended state and maintain a uniform concentration.
Xinhai Agitation Tank Improvement:
Xinhai high efficiency agitation tank is equipped with umbrella shaped impeller, which applies downward pressure to slurry, so that slurry can be circulated up and down along the draft tube, and full mixture of slurry and chemical is achieved. In addition, enhanced agitation ability makes stronger chemical circulation ability possible.
Xinhai Agitation Tank Advantages:
The larger the impeller diameter and the higher the rotational speed, the stronger the agitation ability of slurry and chemical;
The enhanced agitation capacity improves chemical circulation ability;
There is a fluid guide in the agitation tank, and a large negative pressure is compressed into a limited space, which improves the suction capability as well as circulation ability of chemical and slurry.
The lower part of the fluid guiding body is equipped with spraying body, and the circulation ability of slurry and chemical is further strengthened, which is beneficial to better flotation index.
Common problems and solutions for slurry agitation tank:
One. What should we do when power outage occurs in application of high efficiency agitation tank?
(1) When the agitation tank is at a high liquid level and the whole system suddenly loses power, in principle, no measures need to be taken, and the slurry can be restarted after 4 hours of shutdown.
(2) When the agitation rank is ready to start after the power outage, it is necessary to start the jigger manually at the beginning. With experience, there is no need to start the jigger manually.
(3) After agitation tank is restarted successfully with mineral slurry inside, new slurry must be transported as soon as possible.
(4) When the agitation operation fails, the slurry transportation is required, otherwise the load of the agitation tank will increase and tripping operation will happen.
Two. How to judge and deal with the phenomenon that belt of the high efficiency agitation tank is loose?
The high-efficiency agitation tank suddenly makes a very harsh sound during normal operation. In the case of venting the agitation tank, checking that the agitator shaft and the tightening degree of each screw are normal, the harsh sound continues and a large vibration occurs,that is, the belt is loose. Just tighten the loose belt for the slurry agitation tank!
2. Chemical agitation tank
The chemical agitation tank is kind of agitation tank used for the preparation of mining reagents, and is mainly used for the preparation of various reagents in the flotation plant.
Xinhai chemical agitation tank adopts barrel shaped radiation circular spiral impeller for mixing operation by mechanical stirring method. The motor drives V- belt transmission device which drives the impeller. Reagents mix evenly under the uniform rotation of impeller,preparing the mixture of the ore slurry and reagents for next stage.
Agitation method of the chemical agitation tank:
The agitation method of chemical agitation tank mainly includes mechanical agitation, airflow agitation and jet agitation.For the agitation of the solid-liquid slurry, mechanical agitation or airflow-mechanical agitation method is usually adopted.
Xinhai chemical agitation tank improvement:
The cylinder is lined with Xinhai wear-resistant rubber to prevent the chemical agitation tank from the corrosion of reagents.
Xinhai chemical agitation tank advantages:
Excellent wear-resistance, long service life, and strong agitation capability;
Strong mixed ability of liquid and reagents;
Strong agitation ability.
Use and Maintenance of the Chemical Agitation Tank:
(1) During no-load test, the motor can only be started after adding water to two-thirds of the tank height. When running with load, the load electric current should not exceed 85% of the ratedelectric current of the motor.
(2) The upper and lower bearings should be oiled the oil gun once a quarter.
(3) The screws on the upper part of the bearing should be slightly adjusted every six months to keep the bearing clearance not too large.
(4) Pay attention to check if the bolt is loose or the bearing is damaged. If it is, tighten the bolt and replace the bearing in time.
(5) The agitation tank runs empty is strictly forbidden.
3. Storage Agitation Tank
Storage agitation tanks are used for pulp mixing and storage, not only for mineral processing plant, but also for other industrial production departments. When ferrous metal, nonferrous metal concentrate slurry and coal slurry are transported by pipelines, large storage agitation tanks are also required.
4. Lifting Agitation Tank
Lifting agitation tank has both agitating and lifting effects. The lifting height can reach 1.2 m. A lifting agitation tank can be used when the equipment configuration causes insufficient slurry self-flow height difference or if the difference is too small to us a pump.
Use of Different Types of Agitation Tank
back to top
The agitation tank can be divided into two types according to the purpose: chemical agitation tank and slurry agitation tank.
The chemical agitation tank is used for various chemical preparation operations. The material and structure of the agitation tank are also different depending on the chemical nature. At present,there is no fixed series of special acid-resistant and alkali-resistant chemical agitation tanks, and the volume of the agitation tank should be selected according to the preparation system of the chemicals.
The slurry agitation tank is used for slurry mixing before flotation process. It mixes the slurry with the chemicals to create conditions for the beneficiation process. If some of the chemicals are added to the mill or to the sand pump pool and distributor before flotation process, the agitation tank is not necessary.
The slurry agitation tank can be divided into two types according to its different structures: press-in slurry agitation tank and lifting slurry agitation tank. Lifting agitation tank has both agitating and lifting effects. The lifting height can reach 1.2 m. A slurry agitation tank can be used when the equipment configuration causes insufficient slurry self-flow height difference or if the difference is too small to us a pump