Warm Tip: If you want to know more details about equipment, solutions, etc, please click the button below for free consultation, or leave your requirements!
The mineral beneficiation test is a small-scale test for the design of a beneficiation plant. The mineral mining test results have guiding significance for the rational determination of technological processes, equipment selection, and technical and economic indicators. It is also the basis for whether the beneficiation plant can achieve the design indicators and obtain economic benefits. Therefore, the ore beneficiation test is an essential part of the construction of the beneficiation plant. This article will introduce the classification and characteristics of the dressing test, the preparation work and the mining test process.
The ore dressing test can be divided into six categories: optional test, laboratory small-scale process test, laboratory expansion continuous test, semi-industrial test, industrial test and beneficiation single technical test. The characteristics of the beneficiation test can be summarized as the following two points:
• Generally, the whole or prototype is studied through samples or models.
• Only need small amount of ore samples, no need too much manpower and material resources.
• Laboratory research can use various methods to control and change the process of research objects without being restricted by production conditions.
• Acquire knowledge that is not easy to obtain in production practice.
• Provide a theoretical basis and open up new ways for the development of mineral processing.
The ore dressing test mainly includes two stages of preparation work and beneficiation process. A mining research institute first determines the properties of the ore and recoverable valuable elements by measuring the properties of the original ore samples, and then conducts the mining test and customizes a reasonable process flow based on the results to provide technical support for the design and production.
• Understand the research and production of the same or similar ore and lay a theoretical foundation.
• Understand the overall situation of the mine to be applied.
• Is the same amount of sample used for each test?
• What is the sample size required for each test?
• What is the total number of samples required to complete the test?
• Sample preparation mainly includes research samples composed of rock and mineral identification, microscopic analysis, element analysis, phase analysis, spectral analysis, assay analysis, chemical analysis samples, washing and hand selection samples, heavy medium samples, gravity separation, flotation and magnetic separation test samples.
• Determine the nature and type of ore, determine the recoverable valuable elements, initially explore the beneficiation process conditions, and customize the beneficiation process based on the test results.
The beneficiation test process is generally divided into three stages: the research of the beneficiation method, the test of the beneficiation conditions and the inspection of the beneficiation products.
A variety of beneficiation methods can be used for each ore. Therefore, in the test, the ore properties, the concentrate grade, the recovery rate and the construction conditions should be considered comprehensively, and the comparative test of different beneficiation processes should be carried out to select the best beneficiation method.
Mainly include flotation test, magnetic separation test, gravity separation test, etc.
• Flotation test: Under normal circumstances, tests such as grinding fineness, slurry concentration, temperature and pH, chemical system, mixing and flotation test, backwater utilization, water quality, demedication, and desilting are required.
Among them, in the process of determining the reagent system, when using different flotation methods, comparative tests should be carried out on the types, performance, dosage and beneficiation effects of the main flotation reagents used, and the varieties with good beneficiation indicators and low environmental pollution should be selected.
Magnetic separation test: It is necessary to carry out magnetic induction intensity, feed size, processing capacity, material classification and non-grading comparison test, etc.; when applying dry-type strong magnetic separation process, the impact test of ore moisture on the separation index should also be carried out.
Gravity selection test: It is necessary to carry out the comparison test of the feeding amount, feeding size and range, and density of the heavy medium suspension. In addition to the differences in the nature of the ore samples, the corresponding process parameter tests are carried out.
The grinding products, concentrates, middle ore, tailings, and graded products are inspected one by one, and the inspection content is different. The inspection method is as follows:
• Screening or watering analysis of beneficiation products;
• According to the actual situation, detect the chemical composition of each particle size and its mineral composition;
• Carry out sedimentation test on mineral processing products.
The above is a brief introduction to the classification and characteristics of the beneficiation test, preparation before the test, and the mining test process. The basic tasks of the dressing test of various beneficiation methods are the same, and all beneficiation methods, processes, equipment and technological conditions suitable for processing the researched minerals must be selected through the test, and the optionality of the minerals can be finally determined to maximize production benefits.
If you have any questions about the above or want to consult the mineral processing test service, please submit a message or consult our online customer service. We will contact you as soon as possible.